Monday, March 21, 2011

Photos as Promised! Part 3 - The Guest


Tropical Mockingbird in my kitchen!
So as I was on my balcony uploading the other images to the blog, this tropical mockingbird came and sat on the railing.  He was watching me intently - obviously looking for handouts.  If I had been grocery shopping I would have happily given him something, but I haven't had the need to shop yet so I didn't have anything appropriate to give him.  Although, in retrospect, I bet he would have loved the chocolate chip cookies I had for the plane ride.  However, that's not the best dietary choice for the bird - or for me, for that matter!

Anyway, he sat there watching me for quite some time until he got either completely fed up with my inability to understand what he was looking for or just extremely impatient and took matters into his own hands (or wings as would be more appropriate in this case.)  At which point, he flew into the kitchen to see if I really didn't have anything to give him or if I had the goods and was just holding out on him.  Alas, he was quite disappointed and flew out the door to find a more well-stocked kitchen.

(Sorry for the blurry photo.  He was hopping around quite a bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment